- Secure, affordable and environmentally sustainable housing
- Protecting the outstanding natural beauty of our coastline and upland areas
- Maintaining transport links to the city centre, especially the 7 and 7A bus service, and improving DART and LUAS frequency
- Investment in green infrastructure, particularly cycling and electric car changing facilities
- Ensuring the safety of our communities with a more visible Garda presence
- Maintaining the current 15% reduction in the Local Property Tax rate
- Improved recreational facilities and playing fields for all our sports clubs
Message to the Resident of Killiney-Shankill
I was recently selected as a Local Election candidate for this area. I am looking forward to contesting the Local Elections alongside my running-mate Helena Kelly in May.
My family are from Dún Laoghaire. I went to school locally before attending UCD where I earned a PhD in Meteorology and Trinity College where I completed my Postgraduate Diploma in Education. I currently teach Maths, Applied Maths and Physics in Gonzaga College SJ after previouly teaching in Belvedere College SJ, Loreto College, St. Stephen’s Green and Mount Anville Secondary School.
Given my background in Meteorology and teaching young people, I am passionate about finding solutions so the current hosuing, transport and environmental problems affecting our community.
I would welcome any feedback from you or your family.
Is mise le meas.
Dr Michael D. Clark
The Leadership Our City Needs Right Now
- Maths, Applied Maths and Physics Teacher at Gonzaga College SJ
- Awarded PhD in Meteorology in 2009
- Lecturer in Statistics in American College, Dublin since 2007
- Association of Secondary Teachers Ireland (ASTI) school steward
- UCD Governing Authority, Graduate Representative, 2014-2019
- UCD SU Returning Officer, 2002-2019
- Actively involved in sport, including coaching school basketball and cricket teams
- Active performing member of Lyric Opera, the Lassus Scholars and the Rathmines & Rathgar Musical Society